The Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level (SSC CHSL) examination is a highly coveted competitive exam in India, providing candidates with numerous opportunities to secure jobs in various government departments and ministries. Conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC), this examination aims to recruit individuals for positions such as Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Data Entry Operator (DEO), Postal/Sorting Assistant, and Court Clerk. The SSC CHSL examination follows a tiered structure, comprising Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3.
SSC CHSL Recruitment Over View
|Online applications start||09-05-2023||–|
|Online applications end||08-06-2023||–|
|Last date for receipt of online applications||08-06-2023||23:00|
|Last date for online fee payment||10-06-2023||23:00|
|Last date for generation of offline Challan||11-06-2023||23:00|
|Last date for payment through Challan||12-06-2023||–|
|Window for Application Form Correction opens||14-06-2023||–|
|Window for Application Form Correction closes||15-06-2023||23:00|
|Last date for online payment of Correction Charges||15-06-2023||23:00|
|Schedule of Tier-I (Computer Based Examination)||Aug, 2023||–|
|Schedule of Tier-II (Computer Based Examination)||To be notified later||–|
Download Full Detailed Notification Here
SSC CHSL Pay Scale
2.1 Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA): Pay Level-2 (Rs. 19,900-63,200)
- Salary range: Rs. 19,900 to Rs. 63,200
2.2 Data Entry Operator (DEO): Pay Level-4 (Rs. 25,500-81,100) and Level-5 (Rs. 29,200-92,300)
- DEO positions under Pay Level-4: Salary range of Rs. 25,500 to Rs. 81,100
- DEO positions under Pay Level-5: Salary range of Rs. 29,200 to Rs. 92,300
2.3 Data Entry Operator, Grade ‘A’: Pay Level-4 (Rs. 25,500-81,100)
- Salary range: Rs. 25,500 to Rs. 81,100
SSC CHSL Vacancy Details
- Tentative number of vacancies: Approximately 1600
- Final and confirmed number of vacancies will be announced later
- Visit the official website of the Commission (https://ssc.nic.in) for updated vacancies, including post-wise and category-wise breakdowns
- State-wise or Zone-wise vacancies are not collected by the Commission
SSC CHSL Qualification Details
- Educational qualifications for various positions as of August 1, 2023:
- Data Entry Operator (DEO)/ DEO Grade ‘A’ in specific departments: 12th standard in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or its equivalent
- LDC/JSA and DEO/DEO Grade ‘A’ (excluding specific departments): 12th standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University
- Candidates who have appeared in their 12th standard or equivalent examination are also eligible, provided they possess the essential qualification on or before August 1, 2023
Application Fee Details
- 5.1 Fee Payable: Rs 100/- (Rs one hundred only)
- The application fee for this exam is set at Rs 100
Direct Link To Apply For SSC Recruitment
How To Apply For SSC CHSL Recruitment 2023
If you’re planning to apply for an examination conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). The SSC has specified certain guidelines and requirements for submitting applications online.
- Visit the SSC Website : To begin the application process, you need to visit the official website of the Staff Selection Commission, which can be accessed at https://ssc.nic.in.
- One-Time Registration : If you haven’t registered on the SSC website before, you’ll need to complete the one-time registration process. The sample proforma for one-time registration is attached as Annexure-IIIA. Provide the required details accurately, including personal information, contact details, and educational qualifications. Remember to create a unique username and password for future login purposes.
- Online Application Form : After completing the one-time registration, you can log in using your username and password to access the online application form. Fill in the form carefully, ensuring that all the mandatory fields are completed accurately.
- Upload Photograph : As part of the application process, you need to upload a scanned color passport-sized photograph in JPEG format. The size of the photograph should be between 20 KB and 50 KB.
- Preview and Review: Once you have filled in all the necessary details and uploaded the photograph, it’s crucial to review your application before submission. Use the Preview/Print option to check if all the information you provided is accurate and complete. Ensure that there are no errors or missing details in any of the form fields.
- Submitting the Application : After verifying the application form, you can proceed to submit it online. Before doing so, it’s advisable to save a copy of the application for future reference. Note that the last date and time for submitting online applications will be mentioned in the examination notice, so make sure to submit your application before the deadline.
What is the structure of the SSC CHSL examination?
The SSC CHSL examination consists of three tiers: Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3. Tier 1 is a computer-based examination with multiple-choice questions. Tier 2 is a descriptive paper requiring essay and letter/application writing. Tier 3 includes a skill test or typing test, depending on the applied position.
How many vacancies are there in SSC CHSL?
The tentative number of vacancies for SSC CHSL is approximately 1600. However, the final and confirmed number of vacancies will be announced later. Candidates can check the official website of the Commission for updated vacancy details